Road and motorway operators are currently facing critical challenges regarding truck parking management. They need to optimize the existing parking infrastructure to improve drivers safety and to increase the level of service for truck drivers.
- Inform truck drivers about parking places availability upstream of their choice points
- Optimize truck parking occupancy rate
- Reduce areas of heavy traffic concentrations
- Prevent illegal parking on access ramp or shoulders in parking areas
The wireless data acquisition system provided by HIKOB includes energy autonomous and wireless sensors deployed on each truck parking place. They detect the presence of a truck parked on a place with a magnetometer sensor that is measuring the magnetic field variations generated by the metallic body of the truck. The wireless sensors are buried in the road pavement and communicate detection data through HIKOB wireless acquisition network. The data is then ready for real-time retrieval by the remote middleware application that manages information display on variable message signs.
Magnetic field variation data processing is carried out by the sensor embedded firmware. The algorithm of the solution is based on a global approach combining:
- Periodic 3D magnetic field measures with a dynamically compensated temperature drift (executed at the sensor level),
- Continuous self-calibration of the sensor based on an advanced learning algorithm,
- Parking places real-time occupancy data is processed on the HIKOB acquisition network gateway.
Easy and quick to install, reliable and robust, HIKOB wireless systems for vehicle detection significantly reduce installation and maintenance operations, and ensure unrivaled detection accuracy.